[Public-list] Gray Marine

Brian Zinser bzinser at lssu.edu
Thu Apr 26 16:02:05 PDT 2007

Tom Dodds wrote:
> To Brian Zinser - I like your approach, how do you ensure that all water is drained?  I can see much potential  damage if any remains.
> How cold does it get at your location?
>
> Tom Dodds
> StageOne

Tom,

If you read the manual (Do you have one?) it only recommends pulling
three plugs.  The one on the block, manifold and the one on the bottom
of the water pump.  I actually take the plate off of the water pump and
remove the impeller.  I can't ensure that all the water is drained, but
I suspect the engine is designed to be self draining.  Regarding how
cold it gets up here - don't know if you are an American or a Canadian
because it doesn't matter.  -40 F is about the same as -40 C, which is
how cold it gets up here.

Brian Zinser