[Public-list] Atomic four intake seacock location

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Thu Apr 26 16:20:21 PDT 2007

What I don't get is the ire.  I mean, I thought I made it clear why I
was *thinking* about moving the through-hull.  And I certainly respect
the basic design of the boat.  However, after seeing -- for example --
the way the bilge was constructed at Whitby, I have no illusions that
the boat was constructed in the best possible way at all times, and I
believe that certain things can be improved.  What I don't like are
ill-conceived, poorly executed "improvements" that weren't thought
through in the first place.  I'm putting a lot of effort into NOT doing
that, but posting about it here can be rather discouraging.

If replacing a 40-year old gate valve that was on a "through hull" that
consisted of a piece of pipe peened over a washer makes me a "NEO
Marine Architect" then so be it.

Rachel
1967 Alberg 30, #221
Possibly interested in selling - contact me offline if you are
interested.  Boat is located in lower Chesapeake Bay.