[Public-list] Atomic four intake seacock location

Peter Amos peteamos at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Apr 28 11:15:43 PDT 2007

I moved the cooling water seacock from the port to starboard side on Tait
Tait #478.
The new location is  in the corner immediately behind the cill.A little bit
tricky to get it in place,I had to shorten the lever on the valve so that
the companionway steps would go back into position.
Two reasons 1 the raw water pump is on the starboard side of  my  motor (
aWesterbeke diesel) and the hose run is much shorter .2 it brings the
through hull and valve to a much more accessible position.No more shifting
batteries and groping in the dark to shut it off. On the downside it is a
little higher than the original position and might suck air if the boat was
well heeled,but in that situation I would be under sail anyway.Also I had
some time ago inadvertantly drilled a 1/4" hole there  right through the
liner and the hull not realising the liner touched the hull at that point.
Pete
Tait Tait #478