[Public-List] Plastimo water tanks

The Rochets rochet at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 23 20:11:05 PDT 2007

We bought our boat three months ago and we don't feel we should drink
the water. It tastes awful. I checked the inside of the tank and it
doesn't look particularly dirty. We think the aluminium top is
probably responsible for the bad taste. We are aware of how you
solved the problem, Mike, and we may end up doing the same thing (by
the way thank you for the various posts in which you described how
you did it-very helpful). I am just exploring another possibility.
What I view as a possible advantage of the Plastimo flexible tanks is
the fact that you can remove the inner bag for cleaning.  That sounds
easier than cleaning the water tank through an inspection plate. This
being said, I like the design and the location of the existing tank.
I just want to make sure that the water in it is safe to drink.

Bernard  #608