[Public-List] Selling A-30: In the water or out?

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Wed Aug 29 10:43:43 PDT 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 1:25 PM, n4lbl wrote:

> Rachel:
>
> Whichever choice you make, it will be wrong.

LOL, so true!  It was probably a silly question.  Maybe I just needed
to talk about the fact that I'm going to sell it, since it's such a
beautiful boat and not 100% easy to part with.

Those are great comments, Alan.  When I'm looking at a boat, and the
owner says "Well, <insert issue here> needs to be repaired, but it will
only take ten minutes," I always think "Yeah, right, so you didn't do
it because...you don't have a spare ten minutes?" (Real answer: It
would take hours, days, or weeks, and I can't be bothered.  Please buy
this boat and make it YOUR problem.")  That's why I haven't officially
put my boat up for sale yet - I'm finishing up a few "ten minute"
projects before I do so, and it will probably be a couple of weeks
before I do so.  Can you tell I'm an oldest child?  (I have to take
responsibility.)

I do have it on sturdy stands with a good ladder, but I agree that
boats on the hard are always a bit creepy feeling.

And oh do I understand the break required between major boat hunting
excursions!  I was shopping from northern Minnesota, and I can't tell
you how many trips (long ones!) I made to look at what ultimately
turned out to be junky boats.  Talk about an emotional roller coaster.
Of course then I'd have to take a break and I'm sure that's when all
the good boats came up <laugh>  That's why I always willing to look at
a local (or semi-local) boat for a fellow shopper, if I can save them
20+ hours of driving.

Thanks again for your input, and I hope your boat search bears fruit
soon :-)

Rachel