[Public-List] Winterizing a Gray Marine

Cole, Andrew L andrew.cole at llff.com
Mon Dec 3 11:31:39 PST 2007

Hugh,

On the Sea Scout 91 (which is most the most likely candidate) there is a
drain plug on the starboard side of the engine (your left when facing
the engine) down at the bottom of the block just above the oil pain
seam, more or less 50% of the way along the block.  The plug is a bronze
plug with a hex head, probably a bit smaller than 1/2 inch.  The way to
know you've found it is that it is in the middle of a thick
parallelogram (almost diamond) shaped plate with rounded corners which
is itself affixed to the block with another two hex headed bolts.  The
drain is the center one which probably protrudes a bit more than the
others.  I'm sure I have some photos of this at home as we had our
Graymarine out this year doing a rebuild.  I'll send them directly to
you if I can find them.

I had a time trying to find it until I saw the engine out of the boat,
then it became obvious.  Hope this helps.

Andrew
Andante - 152

Message: 1