[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 1141, Issue 1

Cole, Andrew L andrew.cole at llff.com
Wed Dec 26 13:47:59 PST 2007

Mike,

Unless you can find a free donor block and head in good working order,
take a look at the Moyer Marine site, he will sell you a short block
(and head if you need it) for a fairly reasonable price considering the
labor and expense you'll have to go to in order to repair and rebuild
what you've got, or even recondition a suitable replacement that isn't
already in serviceable shape.

There is what I now consider something of an inside joke on the 'rebuild
it yourself' portion of his site where he says " If you like to do your
own work, this is a great way to save hundreds of dollars."

Good luck.

Andrew

>The damage icluded:

>We broke the head in half

>I broke 1 stud off in the block, below the machined surface

>I broke 2 valves off

>And there is some pretty serious damage to the top of the block,
especially
in the front where the crow bar entered. The block needs to be machined,
but
I do not know if it can be machine in the boat or if it can be machined
enough to get a good seal on a replacement head. Does anyone know if is
possible to machine the block, in the boat?

Cole, Andrew L
Admitted in Maryland, Virginia & Florida
One Corporate Center
10451 Mill Run Circle, Suite 1000
Baltimore MD 21117

tel: 410 581-7408
fax: (410) 581-7410
mob: (410) 206-3577

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for public-list at lists.alberg30.org. If you are not public-list at lists.alberg30.org you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify andrew.cole at llff.com immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Cole, Andrew L therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.