[Public-list] plugging thru-hulls

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Thu Feb 22 04:38:48 PST 2007

There is a machine shop - North  Machine,  in Dutton, VA., at the
intersection of  Rts. 3 and 198 in Mathews County, just south of the
Piakatank River Bridge that could probably make caps for almost any
thread. I have no idea of the cost, but they machined a pair of Ford
spindles to fit my race car for $100 the pair and it was considerable
work.  (804) 725-5443. Another temporary option might be to cut wooden
plugs to be a tight fit and seal them with 3M 4200 or (if you wanted to
be really permanent, 5200) and for further safety, drill a hole in the
side for a set screw or  other retaining pin. Another thought - Walden's
Marina , in Deltaville, at the end of Timberneck Rd. has a lot of really
old chandlery stuff. If any place in Deltavilla has such things, it
would be there. Walden's is on the west side of Broad Creek, across the
parking lot from Cocomo's restaurant.

- Gordon  White
Brigadoon II