[Public-list] Bronze NPS thread pipe cap source?

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Feb 22 05:23:48 PST 2007

I know I am getting into this late, but here is some advice -

The normal way to securely stop a through hull that is no longer in service
is to drive a soft-wood plug into it from the outside.  You then cut the
plug off flush with the exterior of the flange.  That is what is called an
"insurable" solution - much more secure than any other method short of
removing the fitting and glassing over.  Some say it is more secure.

If you ever want to put the through hull back into service, you knock the
plug out from the inside.

Cheers - Gord