[Public-list] Atomic 4/Grey Marine

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 3 06:06:50 PST 2007

I know that 'Rascal" #145 and Lorrie Rose #133 both had Grey Marine engines.  I thought that I had heard that Whitby decided to switch from Grey to the Atomic 4 because of a savings of a small amount of money.  Perhaps Grey was having trouble supplying engines and Universal with the Atomic 4 could more easily fill the orders?  Do any of our Canadien friends know the story? How about Gord or Don?
  Michael

Robert Kirk <isobar at bcpl.net> wrote:
  At 08:37 AM 2/2/2007, Cole, Andrew L wrote:
>152 came from the factory with a Greymarine (which it still has). Not
>sure where the change came, but obviously somewhere between 1966 (152)
>and 1967 (221).

181, also 1966, has an Atomic 4, which I assume, but not sure, is original.
(Is that a record for the number of commas per word in a sentence?)
So, if there was a unique turnover time, and not just random engine
installations, then we're converging on 1966.

Bob Kirk
Isobar #181