[Public-list] cooking/dutch oven

Meinhold, Michael J. MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Tue Feb 6 10:14:41 PST 2007

Dan -
  I have not used it on the boat, but I use one to cook at home.  A
typical Dutch Oven is a heavy cast iron pot with a heavy lid. Mine is
about 6 quarts.  They work great for combined high heat/low heat cooking
like rice where you boil then simmer, soups and stews where you brown
the meat then simmmer. I don't think I would use mine on the boat as
it's awfully big and heavy and would rust easily. They must be coddled a
bit to stay well seasoned with oil or grease.

Mike
Rinn duin #272

Mike Meinhold / Naval Architect / SAIC
Michael.j.meinhold at saic.com