[Public-list] cooking/dutch oven

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Feb 6 13:12:57 PST 2007

I've heard of people using an old, heavy-duty aluminum pressure cooker
like a dutch oven on a boat.  You can leave off the gasket and weight to
use it as a regular pot.  It can even be pressed into service as a
stove-top oven, of sorts.

We use a cast iron griddle on the boat, and, as it's well seasoned,
don't generally have a rust problem.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.