[Public-list] Rot in bulkheads beneath chainplates

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 19 07:41:02 PST 2007

Brian

What is your hull #?

On the liner boats (I own #505 and co-own #567) both liner boats. I have
noticed that on a lot [most] of the liner boats there is a deflection right
at the point where the forward knees are attached. This is most noticable
when sighting down the cove stripe. I had that too on 505 but repaired it by
pushing out the hull [with tension off the rig] and glassing in the
horizontal shelves in the forward cabin. The shelves are secondary
structural members, but since they wre pop-riveted in place, they did not
provide much lateral support. While I was at it I strenghtened the forward
knees.

Mike Lehman