[Public-list] Spreader replacement

Alexei Kassatkin kasatka1 at suddenlink.net
Fri Jan 19 21:50:25 PST 2007

Hello,

I'm a new Alberg 30 owner beginning a refit of "Blue Heron"  #455.
Can anyone provide me with the tube dimensions for the original
spreaders.  MIne appear to be original - 1.75", or 44mm round aluminum
tubing, which is badly corroded at both the tips and at the connection
point to the mast - in definite need of replacement.  I'd appreciate
any recommendations on which type of aluminum  (6061, 6060 or 6063)
would be appropriate and  how to isolate the spreaders from the ss
mount on the mast.   I've enjoyed reading this forum, and thank  you
for any input you may have.