[Public-list] sealing bilge

John Malthouse jmaltcontact at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 29 13:37:05 PST 2007

A few weeks back you all were discussing sealing the bilge. I also have
bilge water seeping down into my keel, and draining out the holes I drilled,
I've been on the hard for 2 years for other reasons. This wknd I removed my
A4 and have this question. Hull number 452, assuming this is a liner series
, that is the cabin sole and engine department are all part of one
structure?. It is near impossible to get to the bilge and clean and re-seal,
so I ask does it make sense to cut the side walls of the battery department
and the bottom base of the engine department in order to access the bilge
and then refit with fish-plates?
Do these parts of the liner have structural purposes?
Can someone please clarify the difference between liner and non-liner
Replaced fuel pump (mechanical) 2 yrs ago with a used one and still getting
fuel in oil , so I am considering electric fuel pump, Had no problem with
electronic ignition .
Although Im on the hard and it was far below freezing Saturday, my A4 is now
mounted on modified engine stand in the cabin, a solo performance.

John
Hull # 452 Mannin