[Public-list] oven installation

Kristofer Coward kris at melon.org
Tue Jan 2 11:49:14 PST 2007

On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 05:16:39PM -0800, Brian Hofler wrote:
> Hello once again...I have another question...Has anyone installed an oven in
> an A30? I have recently acquired an Origo 6000 and plan to install soon. If
> you have done so I would appreciate any tips and or pictures.

I started installing an oven about a year ago, and am still not quite
done. I decided to install it on the port side, opening forward to the
settee, where the ice box ordinarily is. I figured that since my plans
also involved installing a refrigeration system, the extra work of
building a new icebox on the starboard side (I rotated the sink to
accomodate it a bit better, and eliminated the wet locker back there)
would just round the project out a little.

The really big caveat with this plan is that I decided to put something
of a wet locker in the space between the oven and the hull. If you look
at the wiring run on the underside of the shelving on the port side of
the galley, you'll notice that it's not long enough to be shoved out of
the way to accomodate a wet locker. I got around this by pretty much
rewiring the entire DC system (again, this had been on my to-do list
pretty much since I got the boat, and noticed that red wires were being
used for negative/ground, and I was adding circuits for the
refrigeration and LPG systems anyway).

The upside though, is that with the project running a year behind
schedule, and costing about twice the initial estimate, I feel like I
can now bid on government contracts :)

Cheers,
Kris

--