[Public-list] oven installation

Andrew M Shaw andymshaw at juno.com
Tue Jan 2 16:31:26 PST 2007

Brian,
                I installed a Force10  3 burner stove with an oven on the
starboard side forward of the original galley by adding a short bulkhead
about the height of the range unit on the forward side. I also put in a
new galley counter with a double sink and some drop-in bins (same
footprint as old counter) You do lose sleeping berth space on the settee
which I was not worried about, there is still place for 2 people to sit.
Since it is no longer a sleeping space I also added a locker with shelves
above it at the forward end behind the short fore&aft bulkhead. The
drop-leaf can be re-installed on the new bulkhead or you can even make a
larger one. It does make for a much more workable galley.  It all depends
on what your priorities are.

Andy
#477 Savannah Rose
St. Mary's,  MD