[Public-list] Pulling out an Atomic 4

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Tue Jan 16 15:49:56 PST 2007

Jeeze you guys....

I have removed and replaced my A4 4+ times due to different repair issues.
It is a No-Brainer ... the engine weighs 330 lbs fully loaded. Nothing.

Put a strap around the boom --- I use a 15 foot tow strap wrapped around
the boom and hooked to a chain hoist or a come-along. Though I have busted
several Come-alongs. Put a 2x4 up against the companionway to buffer the
chain or cable. then hoist and place on the cockpit sole. Readjust the
cable/hoist and lift again and swing the engine out off onto the dock...
no brainer.

The boat will tip a foot or two ... nothing, just hoist the boom up a bit
before moving.

Also .. you only really want to remove the Starter and alternator. All
else is a true pain in an A30.

Good luck.
--
C.B. Currier