[Public-list] Happy new owner and gas smell

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Fri Jan 26 10:42:57 PST 2007

Thanks for the checklist, Mike.

When I was prepping the boat for shipping I only had time to get the
"outboard" tank out of there, and basically just make sure there was no
actual gas dripping.  Now that the boat is here, I can check more
thoroughly.

I do have an Atomic Four.  I'll check the tank fittings and the carb
and fuel pump and let you (all) know what I find.

The (newer) tank is in the starboard locker.  Based on what I saw on a
few other A-30s I looked at, the original tank was mounted more-or-less
against the hull side, and was oriented vertically.  The tank in my
boat is in the same locker, but more "sitting flat" on a platform
(takes up more of the locker).

Thanks,

Rachel
1967 Alberg 30, #221