[Public-list] Happy new owner and gas smell

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 26 10:29:00 PST 2007

Rachek,

On your 'new' boat #221 the gas tank is probably [originally] in the
starboard seat locker. It could be the tank, it could be the fuel/vent line
or it could [very likely] be a stuck needle valve in the carburetor float.
Needless to say that needs to be repaired. An easy way to tell if it is the
caruretor is to put you hand under it and see if there is any wet gas. While
you're at it check the sediment bowl and the fuel pump, both are behind the
carburetor - I am assuming you have an Atomic 4.

Mike Lehman