[Public-list] gas smell (was also happy new owner)

Elaine and Brian Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Sat Jan 27 06:03:01 PST 2007

Rachel,
Congrats on your purchase.
Re the gas smell, Is the tank full to the top for the winter (reduces the
possibility of condensation in the tank)? If yes, don't overlook the simple.
It might be a slightly loose hose clamp on the fill, vent, or feed
connection. I had that happen once.
Also try to wipe the bottom of the tank with a clean, dry, non-smelly rag,
and then smell the rag. A leaky tank might not show drips, but the smelly
rag will prove it.
Good luck,
Brian  ex#497