[Public-list] Happy new owner

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Fri Jan 26 16:56:43 PST 2007

Dan,

Sorry for the confusion - my gasoline tank is not stainless.  I found
the original sales document for it, but I can't tell from that which of
the two options the owner chose.  It's a Tempo brand, and it's either
some kind of metal that needed to be painted (probably galvanized or
plain steel?) or aluminum that could optionally be painted, according
to the brochure.  I'll have to look at it more closely.  It was
installed in 1984.  Also, the fuel system's hoses and valves were
replaced in 2004, and a water-separating fuel filter was added.

I had mentioned that stainless tanks were currently approved because I
thought you said that metal fuel tanks were not currently allowed, and
I happened to know that (at least) stainless ones are.

Anyway, until proven otherwise, I'll consider all of the components
suspect, and try to eliminate them as odor sources one-by-one.  Someone
mentioned checking the cleanliness of the bilge, which is a good idea
as well.

--- Rachel