[Public-list] hull thickness

The Rochets rochet at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 11 13:38:35 PDT 2007

I  am interested in the Raymarine ST40 depth sounder. It comes as a
package with a thru-hull transducer, but I want to install it in a
waterbox, in-hull. Raymarine has assured me it's OK to use the
supplied thru-hull transducer as an in-hull as as long as the hull is
no thicker than 1/2". Do we know what the thickness of the hull is
under the cabin settees about 6" away from the center line (that's
where I am thinking of installing the transducer)?

I know the answer to this question is somewhere in the list archives,
but I am having trouble searching the archives. A simple search
returns no hit regardless of the search term, including terms like
"coamings" which I know have been discussed fairly recently. I also
tried a Google search within the archives domain (http://
lists.alberg30.org/pipermail/public-list-alberg30.org/); I have used
it this method before, but right now this doesn't work either. What
am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Bernard
Sunswept #608