[Public-list] fore-aft trim

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Sat Jun 16 17:19:21 PDT 2007

    This seems to be common with Alberg 30s. My boat sits low in the
stern. I don't know whether the 21 hp Westerbeke diesel is heavier than
the Atomic Four, but the bow is about 4 inches higher out of the water
than the marked waterline.(with nobody in the cockpit) I do not have all
that much in the lazarette, maybe 40 - 50 pounds. I do have a second 12
gallon fuel tank in a cockpit locker.  I put some lead weights forward,
maybe 100 pounds and it has not helped a lot.
- Gordon White, Brigadoon II