[Public-list] Osprey #116 for sale

Bill Burke BurkeNH at verizon.net
Tue Jun 26 12:59:03 PDT 2007

It is with mixed feelings that we've decided to put Osprey, our 1965 Alberg
30 up for sale.  As our kids are rapidly growing up we've decided that it's
time to start planning another extended family cruise.  We previously lived
aboard a 37' trimaran when the kids were in elementary school, and realize
that Osprey isn't big enough for extended sailing with two adults and two
teenagers.  Weekends yes, but not long term.

Osprey has been primarily daysailed on a freshwater lake in New Hampshire
for several decades.  She has been well maintained in above average
condition.  Upgrades include a  Vetus/Mitsubishi diesel engine (less than
200 hours), new exhaust system, new fuel tank, new sails, self tailing
winches, Harken traveler, new throughhulls, chainplates upgraded, and much
more.  She's an exceptionally solid boat with no deck or hull issues, fully
outfitted and ready to go.  My focus has been functional upgrades that made
Osprey more seaworthy and mechanically squared away.  Still on the project
list are primarily cosmetic items including some of the brightwork and some
painting down below.

Price $18,750  Details at
http://www.interlakes.org/ilhs/faculty/bburke/osprey.htm  or call Bill at
(603) 253-6642.