[Public-list] public-list Digest, Vol 1007, Issue 2

Cole, Andrew L andrew.cole at llff.com
Tue Jun 26 14:00:38 PDT 2007

Isn't there a traditional "yachtie" way to do this by inserting
something into the middle of the three strand dock line, perhaps some
thick shock cord or something similar, possibly with a stitch or two to
keep it in place (seems like the sort of thing a traditional rigger
would do)?

Gord, I'd have expected you to chime in with a simple but elegant and
effective solution already, must be working hard on the next story
installment ;0)

Andrew
Andante - 152

>Message: 2
>Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:18:07 -0400
>From: Kris Coward <kris at melon.org>
>Subject: Re: [Public-list] snubber
>To: Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all
>	<public-list at lists.alberg30.org>

>On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 05:25:56PM -0400, Bill Ydel wrote:
> I get a fair amount wind in my slip in the Charleston Harbor and would

> like to keep snubbers on my dock lines to absorb some the shock on my
> cleats. My experience with snubbers from West Marine is that they last

> less then one year in the Charleston sun. Does anyone have a source
> for snubbers that are a little more durable??  OR A boat down the dock

> from me is using small fenders as snubbers; I am going to try that
> next unless "The List" comes up with another brilliant idea.

>One suggestion I've heard that isn't terribly durable, but is free, is
to fold a blown bicycle inner tube over itself a couple of times,
>and tie/wrap it around the mooring line. IME bike shops are quite happy
to hand over as many blown tubes as you could think to
>ask for (though I've only picked up tubes to recycle them into gaskets;
they are vulcanized butyl rubber after all).

>Cheers,
>Kris
>Candy Cane #583

Cole, Andrew L
Admitted in Maryland, Virginia & Florida
One Corporate Center
10451 Mill Run Circle, Suite 1000
Baltimore MD 21117

tel: 410 581-7408
fax: (410) 581-7410
mob: (410) 206-3577

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for public-list at lists.alberg30.org. If you are not public-list at lists.alberg30.org you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify andrew.cole at llff.com immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Cole, Andrew L therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.