[Public-list] Weighty Issues

Meinhold, Michael J. MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Fri Jun 15 10:00:45 PDT 2007

How about get yourself 200 feet of chain and put it forward! That should
trim you out :)

Raising 210 lbs 18 inches will raise your KG (keel to the center of
gravity) about 1/2 inch.
This reduces your GM by 1/2 inch - GM measures the initial stability in
heel. I estimate the GM of the A30 at about 2.6 feet based on Jack
Horrnor's particulars. SO - you haven't lost much, but since most added
weight raises the KG, it's best to avoid it by design.

Mike

Mike Meinhold
Rinn Duin #272