[Public-list] depth sounder puzzle

Meinhold, Michael J. MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Tue Jun 26 07:14:33 PDT 2007

Maybe you should have tossed a hook in - it might be a school of fish!
Really though, anything that would give you a 2 foot reading you would
also notice by other senses. 3 foot weeds would have slowed you down.

I suspect some other kind of interference. I presume your transducer is
about 2 feet underwater? So these readings are zero at the transducer?
Bubbles are a possiblity if you can explain why the transducer would be
in bubbles right there. It's possbile that a certain maneuver would
entrain air and bring it down the transducer to give a zero, displayed
as 2 feet.

You could do some experimentation and report back - I would be
interested at least!

Mike
Rinn Duin #272