[Public-list] Shaft Coupling

Coolray cooler2k at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 10:09:27 PDT 2007

A30s,

This weekend I removed my prop, shaft & rudder. I had
previously removed the engine. I pulled the shaft
forward through towards the cabin because the coupling
is rusted/frozen to the shaft. I may have to cut the
coupling off the shaft, but will try a hub puller
first. Question. It looks like I have the remnants of
a locking set screw or bolt protruding from the side
of the coupling. It is completely deteriorated so I
cannot tell. This will impact my success with a hub
puller/shaft puller. I see the key and key way, but
this is a rusted nub protruding perpendicular to the
shaft and sticking out the side of the coupling. Does
anyone have previous experience with this coupling.
Mine is a four hole with no vibration or flex
component.

Thank you,
John Cooler
Atalaya, #087