[Public-list] Wilcox Crittenden Junior Head questions

Dudley Baker dudley.baker at kongsberg.com
Wed Mar 14 08:56:05 PDT 2007

All --

As one of my winter projects, I have removed my WC junior (orginal '68 install) for refurbishment.
With repair kit #1599 in hand, I proceeded to disassemble head.  With visions of a beautiful looking
head as the end product - wire brushed and newly painted - I energetically tore into the project.
Problem is that in the process I buggered up the cam shaft which ties into the inlet control shaft
in the main cylinder -- See part numbers 30  and 24 respectively in the linked drawing:    I called
Thetford (new owners of WC heads) and of course parts 30 and 24 are no longer available.  (Even if
they were, I cannot see how new shafts could be installed in the cylinder  -- somewhat of a chinese
puzzle).

http://www.wilcoxcrittenden.com/displayproductline.asp?bid=&plid=4#

  (click on exploded parts diagram)

So here are my questions:
1)  Is there anyone out there who may have an old Junior sitting around where I could buy just the
Cylinder assembly?  The rest of my head is fine.
2)  If repairing the Junior is not possible or realistic, I then go to the option of purchasing its
successor -- the Headmate -- Who out there has made such a switch and is mounting hole pattern the
same?

Thanks in advance and if I go the Headmate route, I will have a repair kit #1599 for sale at a good
price!

Dudley Baker
Heron #297