[Public-list] Wilcox Crittenden Junior Head questions

Robert Kirk isobar at bcpl.net
Wed Mar 14 11:31:34 PDT 2007

Dudley... I had the same problem as you a couple of years ago as Wilcox
Crittenden was being absorbed by the new owners. It turned out that the
parts diagram you show bore no resemblance to the actual state of affairs
where all the old W-C parts were unsorted in skip boxes in a new warehouse
and no one was interested in sorting them. I doubt you'll have much luck in
tracing parts since the new folks were interested in a different part of
W-C than the heads. One of their disgruntled engineers advised me to forget
repair and buy a new, cheaper head [not the Headmate, but a different
brand.] that wouldn't last forever but was more cost effective. I did, and
the replacement was easy and the results fine.

I gave my old W-C head to Matt Blaine for parts; you might contact him.

Bob Kirk
Isobar #181