[Public-list] chainplates

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Tue Mar 27 10:14:10 PDT 2007

I removed my chain plates as part of the process of strengthening the
system as per the suggestions in the maintenance manual. I found that
some of the chain plates were a bit bent - after 37 years.

Am I correct in thinking that replacement is in order? If so, any
suggestions about where to go to get new chain plates?

I also found that the aft lower and the upper chain plates were about
the same length, but the forward lowers were shorter.Is this normal or
odd - and a potential problem?

thanks in advance for you ideas.

David, 432.