[Public-list] ice box insulation in liner boats

John Boor mahseer at kos.net
Tue Mar 6 06:54:18 PST 2007

> John-
>
> after you ripped out your icebox, what exactly did you do with that space?

I reduced the size to about 1/2, on the side near the engine compartment I
left a space that is wide enough to accept soft drinks or what ever this
effectively isolates engine heat. The outer hull side another partition
was created that is wide enough for large bottles etc.  The interior sides
and bottom was lined with not less that 4in of blue insulation and a hard
Masonite (not a good idea) liner and sealed.  A new top was cut with
access for only 1 of the two tops leaving both outsides open.  I still
have lots of space for all my perishable foods and drinks inside and a
block of ice. I have an evaporator plate refrigeration that runs about
20min per hour, with a block of ice I can turn off the fridge at night
with the compressor running first thing in the morning for about 30 mins
before going to a normal run cycle. Regret no pictures available of
rebuild.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380