[Public-list] ice box insulation in liner boats

John Boor mahseer at kos.net
Wed Mar 7 06:11:07 PST 2007

The masonite is not water proof and over time I think the bottom section
will rot.  In retrospect i should have glassed the interior.  The exterior
finshed top is the same heigth as normal, as for interior depth I had a
min of 4in of insulation were the hull contour  depth is minimum  ie port
aft outboard corner by having the exterior bulhead moved inboard greater
depth could be realized without  looseing a lot of space.  I sloped the
bottom towards the inside forward corner for drainage.
John Boor
MAHSEER #380

 why was the masonite not a good idea?