[Public-list] Centre Hatch on 1965 A30

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Mon Mar 12 08:57:14 PDT 2007

I am trying to understand the need for an additional hatch in the main
cabin.  With those four "picture windows", certainly there is plenty of
natural light.  As for ventilation, the main hatch has to be at least 20% of
the area of the overhead.  I suppose a second hatch would add to cross
ventilation but so would a cowl vent with a dorade which could be used in
all but the worst weather while under weigh.  Would it be feasible to
install a dorade box (or two) at the aft end of the lower cabin top that
ventilates the main cabin?

Roger 148