[Public-list] Centre Hatch on 1965 A30

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Mar 12 09:02:38 PDT 2007

Hi Roger -

The amount of ventilation you get through dorades is quite minimal.  However
a skylight hatch will blast a draft of wind down below, some people feel the
best set up is to have the skylight hinged forward so the when open the unit
tends to suck air out.  Combine that with the fore hatch open and scooping
air in and you have dramatically improved circulation.

The companionway tends to draw air in due to its being partly in the break
of the cabin...

Gord #426