[Public-list] voids in hull from fiberglass mold during fabrication---Boat held hostage!

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Mar 13 20:18:27 PDT 2007

Hi Mathew -

Well, on one hand I have to say that it is possible for a void in the lay-up
to be made worse by ingress of water through a through-hull.  (I am glad you
are not an English teacher).  The dreaded osmosis trouble some boats suffer
from involves minute voids filling with water which then expands when it
freezes.

On the other hand such a problem is not normally a reason to condemn a boat.
It is easy for me to say but I think that your yard is being a little high
handed trying to force you to deal with it their way.

If you want to talk off the list please write to me.

Gord #426 Surprise