[Public-list] Alberg 30 Mast Plate

cathie & john coultis zoocrew2 at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 15 12:55:00 PDT 2007

At the top of our "to-do" list before the boat hits the water this Spring,
is working on the mast of our Alberg 30.     As I am thankfully aware,
Alberg 30 owners hold a wealth of experience and knowledge which is
generously shared soooooo I have three questions - 1.  Has anyone replaced
the aluminum mast plate and if so, can you please provide details.  2.  What
is the best bedding/sealant compound for redoing the following:  pulpit,
stanchions, gib/genny tracks, the thru-deck wiring.  3.  All the ports are
leaking now but we are hoping to be able to re-use the exising ports and
re-seal them. Other then leaking, they are in good shape considering they're
original from 1971 and have never been touched. Can someone who has tackled
this project also please provide some insight.  Many thanks.

Cathie
Scotch Mist II #448