[Public-list] Alberg 30 Mast Plate

cathie & john coultis zoocrew2 at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 24 21:38:09 PDT 2007

Hi Stephen,

Our hull is #448, built 1971.

Part of my concern is when you're down below standing between the head and
hanging locker and look up to where the mast sits, you see what appears to
be something about to push through the liner.  It is localized, like a very
large misquito welt so I'm wondering if it's one of the bolts.  I first
noticed this a couple of years ago however, taking a closer look at the time
was not at the top of the "Priorty List".  However, this year my husband and
I are tackling fixing leaks from stem to stern, the mast wiring/thru-deck
connections, as well as adding a mast base organizer.  So this area is
getting a closer look now.  One of the Alberg 30's best characteristics, I
think, is that you can see and access everything pretty easily.
Unfortunately, if there's a problem with the deck beam, that's not going to
be so easy to see on our liner boat.

Thanks for your insight!

Cathie
Scotch Mist II