[Public-list] Cockpit drains above water line

Brian Hofler bhofler at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 17 11:29:04 PDT 2007

Contact Yves directly and ask him.

-----Original Message-----
From: public-list-bounces at lists.alberg30.org
[mailto:public-list-bounces at lists.alberg30.org]On Behalf Of Rachel
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2007 7:54 AM
To: Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all
Subject: Re: [Public-list] Cockpit drains above water line

Here's something I've never understood (but I'm probably missing
something):  If you have crossed drain hoses, and you're heeled over
and the cockpit takes on water, how does said water exit "up" from the
cockpit to the opposite through-hull?

On the same topic, I re-watched "Jean-du-Sud Around the World" last
night, and I believe he might have his cockpit drains exiting above the
waterline.  I saw two largish through hulls on the stern/hull, just
forward (I think) of the lazarette/cockpit bulkhead, and
correspondingly, no through-hulls where the cockpit drains normally
are.  I also noticed he had the standard ~1" scuppers at the forward
end of the cockpit, and no new drains aft.  So maybe it can work out.

Rachel