[Public-list] Portlight Frame Replacement Options

S s alberg114 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 04:34:18 PDT 2007

I ran into the same issue with #114. In 1999, as the frame were breaking I
can see $$ signs. I did have new frames made from stainless steel and also
at the same time we made new chain plates. We spec'd 316 stainless which I
had passivated. The total cost of this event was approx. $990.00 for all new
frames internal external small and large.

Also when the shop is making them, spec out a single piece, they should not
be welded. Dan Spur from Practical Sailor and I had this discussion when he
was still in RI.

Good luck, this may make a good group purchase.

Stephen