[Public-list] Portlight Frame Replacement Options

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Wed Mar 28 11:17:14 PDT 2007

Well I have made my decision.

I took one of the frames to Washington Aluminum and had a sketch done. The
pricing was relatively reasonable - $65 / frame side for 1/4" thick 6061
Aluminum or 3/16" Stainless Steel at $190. There are obvious price
discounts for higher numbers. However, I managed to pick up a piece of
6061 that will accomodate cutting all 8 pieces that I will need from E&J
Enterpirses in Glen Burnie  MD for $165.

So I will cut my own.

BTW: I also found 5 pieces of Lexan for the Portlights/window for $30 ...
much cheaper than the $150 quoted for a full sheet as I was afraid I might
have to purchase.

Now ... any suggestions on Weatherstripping / Caulking?

--
C.B. Currier
Infinity #57