[Public-list] engine rebuild

Mark Bisset mbisset at orilliapacket.com
Wed May 16 09:18:57 PDT 2007

Are there any Albergs powered with electric engines? I looked into this
at one point, but eventually backed away from it due to other projects
which needed money more. I found a used engine for about $1,000, but
then discovered buying the generation equipment (panels, turbines,
converters) was going to cost in the $2-3,000 range. The pros are
obvious. The cons: I would have been able to more or less match A-4 top
speed for about an hour before running out of juice. I estimated I
could maintain a speed of three knots for seven hours, but that was in
flat conditions.

Mark Bisset,
Wanderlove 578