[Public-list] Green Stanchion Base

Bobby capricebob at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 13:29:09 PDT 2007

Hello,

  I'm in the process of rebedding my stanchion bases and I've decided to make them pretty if possible.  They are currently somewhat green with what appears to be some remnant of silver paint.  I assume that they are brass stanchions that were painted at one time.  Anyone have any thoughts about making them pretty.  I was thinking about removing the paint with paint remover and sanding and painting or maybe just let the green patina reform.   It would be nice to have brass stanchions, but I have no idea how to maintain brass in a marine environment.

  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

  Bobby
  Caprice #388