[Public-list] [Racing-list] lazy guys

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Tue May 1 15:11:06 PDT 2007

Well on infinity this past weekend my sister trimmed the guy/pole as I
call it. Generally It did not load up as we used technique to keep it
relatively soft for the fordeck to set the pole. Then used a winch handle
to move the pole forward and aft. THe Spinnaker trimmer also used a
secondary winch to trim the chute. When that loads up we put a grinder on
the winch to support him/her and the same on the guy.

I suppose this all depends on technique but if you have secondary winches
then half of your problem is solved.

Good luck, and as I said before you are welcome to drop by Infinity over
at EYC to take a look at how she is rigged up.

Looks like I will be helping Andrew Sunday Morning/Afternoon with his
motor & will be around fo a while. (also may go for a sail.)

--
C.B. Currier