[Public-list] What to do with expired flares

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun May 13 14:28:19 PDT 2007

Hi there -

We have organized a "flare night" with the local police and fire department.
People bring their expired flares and we give a sort of seminar about each
type then light or fire it.

I think it is a very good thing that people become somewhat familiar with
the characteristics of each type so that if the things ever have to be used,
the emergency is not the first time they are handled.

The police and fire folks are usually delighted to co-operate.

Gord #426 Surprise