[Public-list] Lifelines

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed May 30 06:35:56 PDT 2007

Peter Amos wrote:
> I need to replace one of the forward attachment points for the top
> lifelines, the right angled piece that connects the vertical
> stanchion to the pulpit.Is there a recommended source?Also I would
> like to know the distance between the forward and aft attachment
> points.

Pete, I don't know where to get that attachment piece.  Tops In Quality
made many of the original bow pulpits, so you might contact them.

I would be wary of making lifelines based on the measurements of another
boat.  I used hand-crimp fittings on mine (see
http://www.csjohnson.com/marinecatalog/00016.htm for the turnbuckles and
http://www.csjohnson.com/marinecatalog/00019.htm item #2 for the tool).
  I see that they have an attachment piece,(on page 16, upper right).

You can get these at many marine supply stores.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash