[Public-List] clarification of earlier message: Gray Marine to Yanmar

John Scott jcscott at cpsc.com
Thu Nov 8 13:55:41 PST 2007

Hi All:

In my earlier message I had intended to say that Rubicon had swapped
her engine for a 30 hp Yamnar (now the 3YM30), and that's what I was
thinking of doing (I mistakenly said the 3YM20).  Today I spoke with
Claude at Bay Shore Marine Engine, a Yanmar dealer in Annapolis).
Claude said that the "new" Yanmar 20 hp and 30 hp engines are the
same size and he sees no reason not to go with the 30.

I already had one response from Alberg 30 Assn. member John Budington
who said that he successfully switched to the Yanmar 20hp and is
happy.  Has anyone gone with the 30?  If so, what do you think?

Thanks again,

John Scott