[Public-List] Gray Marine schematic, recycle that used engine

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 19 07:51:57 PST 2007

John,

  Not that I am starting a collection of Gray Marine Sea Scout engines, but I plan to keep my Gray running and in my boat.  I would ask that you try and find a good home for your used engine so that it might be rebuilt or used for parts for others who have Gray Marine engines.

  Michael #133

John Scott <jcscott at cpsc.com> wrote:
  Hi All:

It seems as though most of the discussion of swapping out gas engines
for diesels focuses on the Atomic 4. I have a 22hp Gray Marine '65
vintage and I'm thinking of following Rubicon (interested parties can
refer to earlier postings in the Alberg30 Assn. website) and swapping
out my Gray Marine for a Yanmar 21hp 3YM20 diesel. I have the specs
from Yanmar and the helpful materials shared from Rubicon's
experience. What I'm looking for a schematic, or a dimensioned
drawing, of the Gray Marine engine (and any other helpful information/
experience). Can anyone help me?

Thanks

John Scott