[Public-List] maintenance seminar

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 05:24:47 PST 2007

Albergers,

I am helping Mike Meinhold to organize the February seminars.
Currently we have speakers for Racing, Cruising, and Potpourri lined
up and all set. For the maintenance seminar, we have the normal
'panel' discussion planned and the regular members of that panel are
excited about participating again. However, I would like to get a
speaker for that seminar which will provide a good discussion on a
topic of interest for many people out there. I have approached a
couple of potential speakers so far, but none of them has been able to
do it.

Thoughts I have had include:

1. Increasing the insulation capacity of your cooler aka rebuilding
the old-style cooler.

2. Re-doing your electrical system

3. Building a chain-locker door

4. The cabin & cockpit table

5. Sailing hardware & software: what you can get nowadays for line,
blocks, winches, travelers, vangs, etc...

6. Fixing your mast-beam

7. Redoing cabin windows

I was wondering if anybody has a good idea for a specific speaker or
specific topic that they would like to see discussed at the
Maintenance seminar. Or particular preferences on the above topics
that they would really like to see discussed. Please let me know.

Kind regards,

J Bergquist